Sunday 5 August 2012

Mental and Emotional Toughness

I think this is probably the toughest day I've had since the start of this trip. Don't get me wrong, I've kept myself occupied all day, making my way to Tianjin again for more sightseeing. Things can get a little tough mentally and emotionally when the day winds down and you have that little moment to yourself.

A few things come into mind whilst I ponder alone:

1. I could be in London right now watching the Olympics.
2. Its my sister's birthday. Happy Birthday sis!

I was fortunate enough to win the raffle to get Olympics tickets in hopes of having the family over in London but things obviously didn't work out. But luckily my better half is experiencing this unique experience. Its a medal ceremony too!

Also its my lovely sister's birthday today. I have a bad memory, but its been a while since I got the chance to celebrate with her since I moved to London. Maybe next year.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, my experience thus far has been unforgettable. But sometimes its just nice to be surrounded by family.

5 more days.

1 comment:

  1. I saw your sister and Mike at the Pitchfork music festival, but couldn't find them at Lolla this year.

    ReplyDelete